10.03.2013

31 days: six









I remember my very first experience of Sydney CBD. I was deeply impressed and fell in love with the big wide streets (so much space), the cleanliness of the streets (everything seemed to sparkle), the new but somewhat stately architecture and the well heeled office workers. It was clear that I was 'fresh off the boat' from London and used to the rubbish lined streets and raw edginess of the city I lived in for 5 years. But nonetheless, 6 years on from stepping off the boat (read: plane), Sydney still has all those qualities for me and is still such a joy to wander around - particularly when you're not running from bus stop to sushi train to shoe shop to bus stop on a crammed lunch break, and have time to soak up all the shiny, grand city goodness.

I feel very lucky that on one of my last days in Sydney, I was able to see it with the wide eyed appreciation of someone sill in love with the place while preparing to shortly board that plane that brought me here 6 years earlier.




No comments:

Post a Comment